Sri Lanka Apparel believes that Mother Nature deserves our respect - too often the environment is an afterthought to industry.
In Sri Lanka, environment is our top priority and Sri Lankan Manufacturers are constantly looking for ways in which they can minimize the negative impact on the Environment and Sri Lanka is actively investing in technologies and green factories to uplift environmental sustainability.
As a result,
- The world’s first ever custom built green apparel manufacturing facility, Mihila, in Agalawatte is in operation
- Continuous investments in sustainable and renewable energy sources such as hydro and wind power are taking place
- Number of Sri Lankan factories are committed to being zero carbon factories
- Factories are following Zero waste policies and strategic waste management systems
- i.e RED (Re Engineered Design) garments are in the market – Garments produced utilizing the useful scrap of garments
- Waste being up cycled in Haute Culture
Numerous LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design ) certified factories
- Platinum and Gold Certificates
Asia’s First Green Factory – Mihila in Agalawatta Sri Lanka
Fabric Park in Thulhiriya